Stuttgart (dpa/lsw) - VfB Stuttgart coach Sebastian Hoeneß has good job prospects, says VfB chairman Alexander Wehrle. „That he is a coach I trust to work for a Champions League winner, I have said several times. Exactly so can I imagine that he will have the chance to work as national team coach in his coaching career“, said Wehrle, VfB chairman and supervisory board chairman at the German Football Association, in an interview with the „Redaktionsnetzwerk Deutschland“. „But that has many years to come“, said the 51-year-old Wehrle further. He is happy that Hoeneß is contractually bound to the Swabian Bundesliga club until 2028. The 44-year-old, who took over the Stuttgarters in April 2023, is doing valuable work. Last year, Hoeneß won the DFB Cup with the Swabians, led them to the final again this year against FC Bayern Munich (0:3) and twice to the Champions League. The Stuttgarters will play their next test match against FC Everton at home on Saturday (17:00) in their home stadium. In the Bundesliga, the Champions League participant will start the opening match against double winner FC Bayern on August 28. Before that, there will be the first round match in the DFB Cup against third division club Hansa Rostock (August 21). VfB Stuttgart currently occupies the 4th place in the Bundesliga, has 62 points and is finished with 18 wins, 8 draws and 8 losses from 34 games. In the current season, the Swabians have scored 71 goals and conceded 49 (+22 goal difference). They are 27 points behind the league leaders Bayern Munich. In their last game, the Stuttgarters drew 2:2 against Eintracht Frankfurt. In the last 4 games, the Swabians have remained unbeaten (2 wins, 2 draws). Dennis Seimen and Lorenz Assignon are currently injured.
Club
Sebastian Hoeneß: VfB Stuttgart coach trusted to become national team coach
VfB Stuttgart coach Sebastian Hoeneß has good job prospects, says VfB chairman Alexander Wehrle. The 44-year-old has already celebrated successes in his coaching career.
